Valves can be used to control the flow of air, water, steam, various corrosive media, mud, oil, liquid metal and radioactive media, and other types of fluids. The pipeline system needs the most suitable Valve Selection, so it is very important to understand the characteristics of the valve and the steps and basis for selecting the valve. This blog mainly talks about the basic steps of selecting valves.
Valve Selection Process:
- Determine the use of the valve in the equipment or device, and determine the working conditions of the valve. Applicable medium, working pressure, working temperature, etc.
- Determine the nominal diameter and connection mode of the pipeline connected with the valve: Flange, thread, welding, etc.
- Determine the mode of valve operation: Manual, electric, electromagnetic, pneumatic or hydraulic, electrical linkage or electro-hydraulic linkage, etc.
- According to the medium transported by the pipeline, working pressure, and working temperature.
- The materials of the shell and internals of the selected valve are determined. Gray cast iron, malleable cast iron, nodular cast iron, carbon steel, alloy steel, stainless and acid-resistant steel, copper alloy, etc
- Select the type of valve in valve selection: Closed-circuit valve, regulating valve, safety valve, etc.
Determine the type of valves:
Gate valve, globe valve, ball valve, butterfly valve, throttle valve, safety valve, pressure-reducing valve, steam trap, etc.
- Determine the parameters of the valve: For auto
- Matic valves, according to different needs determine the allowable flow resistance, discharge capacity, back pressure, etc., and then determine the nominal diameter of the pipeline and the diameter of the seat hole.
- Determine the geometric parameters of the selected valve: Structural length, flange connection form, and size, size of valve height direction after opening and closing, size and quantity of connected bolt holes, the overall size of the whole valve, etc.
- Use the existing data: Valve product catalog, valve product samples, etc. to select appropriate valve products.